- Auctions: Public auctions are conducted once every month on Tuesday, starting at 8:30 am, with preview on the Friday and Monday prior to sale from 8:00am until 3:30pm.
- Method of Payment: Accepted forms of payment include a personal check drawn from an Arizona bank up to $500, money order, cashier's check, Visa, Master Card, Discover, or American Express. A valid Arizona Driver's license is required for personal checks. A $25.00 fee will be charged on all returned checks. Sales tax is added to the total at a rate of 6.1 percent, or the most recent applicable rate. For resale purchases, a valid resale tax license must be supplied to the University of Arizona, along with the completed tax forms and copy of the license. Surplus Property is unable to accept cash for payment. Surplus Property must receive payment before items are removed.
- Removal of Property: Sale items are verbally auctioned and must be paid by Friday at 2:00pm the week of sale. All purchased items must be removed by Friday at 3:30 pm the week of sale. Bidders who leave purchased items on University premises past Friday at 3:30pm may be prohibited from participating in the following auction. Bidders will be prohibited from all future auctions until all merchandise is removed. Bidders will be assessed a $25 per day storage fee if any items are not removed by Friday at 3:30 pm the week of the sale.The bidder is responsible for loading their purchased items. Surplus personnel will be available to assist with items requiring a forklift. Failure to pay for awarded items may result in being prohibited from participating in future University of Arizona sales for one year. Shipping and packaging of awarded items is the responsibility of the successful bidder.
- Selling awarded items between bidders is not allowed on University of Arizona property. The University of Arizona has the right to withdraw items from the public sale and to refuse any/all bids. All items are sold "AS IS WHERE IS." The University of Arizona does not provide a warranty; the purchaser must determine the condition of the sale items. NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- The University of Arizona does not assume any responsibility for injury to anyone or damage to any property which results from removal of the property from University premises, any future use, or the condition of any property sold at this sale. All property purchased from the University of Arizona must be disposed of according to applicable laws. The purchaser named and signing below acknowledges that they understand this statement and shall indemnify, defend, and save harmless the State, the Arizona Board of Regents and the University of Arizona from any and all claims, demands, suits, actions, proceedings, loss, cost, and damages of any kind, including Attorney's fees and litigation expenses, which may be brought or made against or incurred by the State, the Arizona Board of Regents or the University of Arizona on account of loss of or damage to any property or for injuries to or death of any person resulting from bidder's removal or use of the property arising out of performance of this agreement. Purchaser's obligation under this section shall not extend to any liability caused by the negligence of the State, the Arizona Board of Regents or the University of Arizona or their respective employees.
Purchaser is responsible for notifying Surplus Property of any changes to their contact information on file. Agreement is valid for one-year January 1 through December 31.
revised January 2020